Looking for a Space for Lease in Orange County / Los Angeles
Whether you are starting a new business or looking to expand the existing one, you will need to look for the right location and adequate space that will suit your needs. One of the biggest expenses in your budget is your rent, so it is important to shop around for the best space for leasing and do your due diligence beforehand. Once you sign the lease and settle into a space, it won’t be so easy to relocate.
Here are a few points to consider before leasing a space:
- Decide how much space you need. Start small if possible more spaces usually mean more money out of your pocket.
- Look in the right area- Find a space in the strong demographic area is always a plus. A lease space that is convenient for your employees, customers and suppliers. Check out other tenants in the building or strip mall to ensure no competition. Learn your market. It is important for the tenant to be educated. Go out and see a lot of space
- Also think about the physical aspect of the space you are leasing. If your business requires a building permit for modifications to the existing space – for example, adding a new kitchen, bar, altering structural elements, remodeling floor plan, or replacing the HVAC unit – make sure that you or the landlord will be able to make the necessary changes.
- Adequate parking – It is important to notice if parking can be an issue not only for your business but also the City. The business must meet certain number of parking before the City can approve the permit.
- Lease terms – When leasing space as a start up, aim for two year leases, or three year as absolute maximum. Read the lease carefully for any restrictions and negotiate items that may be unfit to your business plan.
Need help with a permit for your lease space? Call us today (714) 815-4455.