STEP 1 – RESEARCH & SET UP:
- Have initial discussion with the owner, fill out service request form & gather the information about the project. Perform a initial site visit, research, inquire about the requirements from Planning & Building department regarding fees, permitted use, development standards, applications, plan check submittal, the process..etc. Research fees may be required for the initial set up.
- Generate a quote based on the project requirements. The processing time for each project varies from case to case.
STEP 2 – PLANNING & APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
- Once we determine that the architectural services is needed, a design walk is scheduled with the team for concept design & Site plan drawings. Verify lot size, dimensions, proposed use and existing structures.
- Prepare & File applications to Planning department for review. Some Cities may allow Building plan check while Planning is under review
- Once the Planning Application is approved, we are now ready to move forward with Plan check process and pull a Building permit.
STEP 3 – PLAN CHECK PROCESS:
- Prepare & File Permit application and architectural, civil and structural plans for a plan check.
- Check frequently for status. Retrieve all plan check corrections from Building division, work together with Architect & Engineer to identify design & code issues.
- Make all necessary corrections, correct code violations, complete final drawings and re-submit a corrected set of plans for additional review & approvals.
STEP 4 – PERMIT ISSUANCE & INSPECTION:
- Complete obtaining the sign-offs for clearance. Meet with the Plan Check Engineer for issuance of the building permit.
- Notify the hired contractor that the final Building permit is ready to be pulled. Construction phase can be initiated at this point.
- Once the construction is complete, we then schedule a site inspection with City. The City’s inspector will conduct a final inspection to verify compliance with building codes & allow an issuance of certificate of occupancy